Sofie Lilikoi Fox

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lex Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 4, 2010

Sixth Pre-Natal

This appointment was not a great meeting. I was told today that my iron levels are low and the doctor over seeing the midwives say I should go to the hospital and get an intravenous pumping iron into my system. Now I am sure this would scary most people and a lot of people will call me crazy, but no I did not jump up and freak out like I was dying, or killing my child. No instead I simply asked what my levels were and what the range is. Two weeks before I was fine, now all of a sudden I have to go to the hospital and get an IV. Not cool. I Do not like hospitals, and I do Not like doctors who don’t care about why something is happening to me. I want to know why this happened so fast. I am not just going to do every thing they say with out question. Yes I told you a lot of you won’t like this about me. I have a very paranoid and suspicious personality. I want to be 100% sure this problem can be fixed by extra iron. So I told the CNM I would think about it, talk to my ‘others’, and get back to her.
On the way our I asked for copies of my lad results. Faxed those to my, ‘others’, then took a look at them.

Turns out, my iron is fine, its my hemoglobin numbers that are off. I am under the threshold by .1 point. Hemoglobin is a regulator of iron metabolism, and they are a oxygen-carrying protein. Follow the links, they can explain better. So I am now supposed to be anemic, with out any of the symptoms save one uncommon one, edema.

I see this problem right now as, my system is a bucket, and water is the iron, and there is not enough water in the bucket. Well that could be form a number of reasons, but because my hemoglobin numbers are low, it means there are holes in my bucket; because that’s what hemoglobin does, it’s what helps hold the iron in. So instead of adding more water (which I will do any way with out making another little hole), I want to patch the holes that are not supposed to be there.

Okay, look I know most of this has come out all crazy like, and I just can’t seem to write well. But I am really upset about this whole thing. I feel like I am losing control of my body and I am scared of the domino effect. Don’t get me wrong, I can see this from most of the logical and rational sides, but I am still scared of what could happen if this is not fixed promptly and most of all properly. I am a naturalist, I wish I heal my body in a natural way. So I will change my diet, add more iron. And let you know what else I find.



p.s.

They tried to use scare tactics on me saying if my numbers stayed too low, that after the birth they would have to use pitocin on me to make sure I “don’t bleed a drop”. I get that in regards to low iron levels, but still Not cool. When I asked about breast feeding instead, the CNM just pooh-poohed that thought. How can she call herself a real midwife?

No comments: