Sofie Lilikoi Fox

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lex Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 22, 2010

CNA Class

Today I took the test! The test to tell me if I passed or failed the three week class.
And I Passed!!!

I am now a Certified Nursing Assistant! It was really an eye opener. The three week class consisted of one week class room, and two weeks clinical. The two weeks we worked with people in an assisted living home. I had no idea there were different types of homes. The one we worked in is for people who need just a little assistant in their lives. They are not bed-ridden, nor are they completely handicap. Most just need someone to help with all the medication they are to take. Some need help with showers, or some simple every day things like laundry. They don't have to cook, as they can go to the dining area to eat. I felt like a lot just wanted to be around other people, and it could have been easier living in a nice home. I am not saying it was easy, because there were a lot of people who needed more help than just assistants. It was a long, hard, hot, job. And we were there for only 8 hours a day. The home only had one CNA for a 12 hour shift, for the whole place. We did things I only want to do for my family. Why did I take the class? It does open doors to other jobs, and I can work on other certifications, like becoming a phlebotomist. Or maybe getting my CMA (Certified medical assistant) which is different.
I have had little if any complete thoughts about getting old, I now have quite a few. I see the way older people live in a different light, and then I find myself thinking about the way my grandmother lived in her last years. If I had known more then...*closes my eyes and sighs*
So this is a step and I know this is kind of small beans, as I really want to be a Nurse-Midwife, but to me it is a start. I think maybe I will work on becoming a CMA and Doula next. While I make my way slowly towards my main goal/dream of Midwifery.

No comments: