Sofie Lilikoi Fox

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lex Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 28, 2010

A Latch Problem

We were having problems, something wasn’t right. I just wasn’t getting Sofie latched correctly. It got bad, I was experiencing what I have read some women write about. Curling of the toes, crying every time she latching on, despair every time she is hungry.

I knew long before I Sofie ever entered my world that I would breast feed, and that I would never give any child of mine anything less than milk from my own body. I knew this could happen, and I knew I could get help. It is just so different experiencing it.

I had been to a La Leche League meeting on the 19th, only 9 days ago. So I knew I had help if I needed it. Dana came by yesterday, we talk about it, she watched as I breast fed, and we decided I needed to see a lactation consultant. So I called The Breastfeeding Center at the hospital and made an appointment to go in. So in we go, sit in a glider, and I feed my baby. The lady was very nice, she watched for a bit, and then had me try a few things, and we finally found the problem. I was going it half right, bring the baby to the breast. I was bringing the baby to my breast, just not all the way. It was so simple, and it fixed everything. I walked out of there so confident, so happy, I was doing great and I could feed my Bun.

No comments: