Sofie Lilikoi Fox

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lex Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 20, 2010

Fourteenth Pre-Natal Visit

I am sitting here at home after my pre-natal visit, writing this not sure how I feel about the choice we just made. I am 10 days overdue, but everything looks good and the Bun is healthy and fine. So I wonder why I made the choice to be induced.
Last night I finally had a moment where I could honestly say, “I am ready.”

I have loved being pregnant, I am sure I could stay pregnant as long as an elephant. Yes that is almost 2 years. But last night I just got really uncomfortable. I don’t know what it was, I have never had trouble sleeping, but I could not find a good position.

So tonight The Fox and I will pack out bags, say good bye to our home as we know it, knowing we will come back changed people and go to the hospital. I could wait a few more days, I have four days till I am over over due. I never thought it would happen this way. I never wanted it to be like this. Am I second guessing myself? If I am doubting, does that mean I am not making the right choice? Should I be going into this with doubt and fear in my heart and mind?

I trust my midwife more than ever, but will my body do what I know it can? Do I know? We are going to start tonight with a Cervical occluding double balloon catheter. That will slowly force my cervix to open, and possibly trigger labor. If labor does not start we will then try breast pumping. Then, well then we have two choices, pitocin and/or breaking my water.

Should I wait?

I guess we are going to do this, I am so glad I have The Fox, he will be with me the whole time. I am very nervous, and yet I can find myself glad I will meet my baby soon.

See you on the other side!

No comments: