Sofie Lilikoi Fox

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lex Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

April 4, 2010

Unsolicited Advice

I am at this moment in my life right in the middle of a thing. I have a friend, her name is Carrissa, and she is one of my best friends. She has an 8 year old daughter, and I think she is a really great Mum. When she tells me stories or problems about her daughter I find I do this thing that I believe to be a no-no. Yes, I do notice when I am a hypocrite. And this thing is called giving advice when I have no experience in what I am talking about. I do not have children, so I should not tell someone with children what I think about children. Lucky for me Carrissa is very kind about it, and she does not treat me like the naive idiot I am.
Now I find myself in a very interesting situation. I knew this would happen, and so far I have gone with the flow. I do not have children, yet. I have one on the way. And yes I have been getting what is called unsolicited advice. A lot of it I get from other mother, which in my opinion is fine because they know what they are talking about. It’s when people who have no children, (nor will they ever have children) give advice. And get funky about it.

I have quite a few dozen ideas about how I want to raise my children, and I am sure most of them will go right our the window when I get to the point of choice. But I have quite a few things I am very sure and still stand firm on. Things like what I put in my child, either mental or tangible. Television and food for starters. When the times move on I will choose then what else I might expose my child to, being other humans or again what foods.

I know this will be a learning experience from day one till the end of my life. And I also admit that I maybe know less than 12% of what I will learn, by doing. So I welcome all unsolicited advice, thoughts, and ideas. I may be a bit of a hypocrite in the giving, but not the taking.

No comments: