Sofie Lilikoi Fox

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lex Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

April 24, 2010

Drinking Flat Crush!

Pre-natal appointment number 5.
Yesterday I did the glucose test. It was not as bad as I thought it would be, but I still was not happy about doing it. I was to “fast” from midnight till my appointment the next morning. Really folks, that not is fasting. A whole 9 hours? It’s like going to bed at midnight and skipping breakfast, how many people today do that? Any ways, enough about that.

For a few days after they handed my the bag with the bottle and instructions, I was really…worried, annoyed, scared, and then I got determined. I decided I was not going to let this silly test stress me out. So what did I do? I started drinking Brewer’s Yeast. Now this is something I have drank off and on since I was 16, and I HATE the stuff. To me it is mold, dried, powered, mold. It smells bad and tastes worse. But it is very high in this one very important thing, Chromium. Chromium works to lower insulin levels and in fighting diabetes. I have not been keeping up on the stuff because it tastes so bad.

But, now I have a very good reason to force myself to drink the vile stuff. I knew I would be drinking it after the Bun was born because it really helps with milk supply. Kind of like drinking a beer, just no alcohol.

So maybe I cheated a little, but I did every thing I was told. No eating or drinking after midnight until I give blood. Drink the whole 4 oz. in under 5 minuets, then note the exact time I finished.

Well, we will see how that turns out.

No comments: