Sofie Lilikoi Fox

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lex Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

January 4, 2010

Pillow Hunting

I needed a body pillow, so The Fox and I went pillow shopping. What I had in mind was a long down pillow. And yes I wanted it at a good price. I already had one and I had bought it at Target for $20. So we went to Target, and the only down pillow they had was $45. And it was not even close to par with the pillow I had bought before. Then we thought we would take a walk thought bed, bath, and beyond. They really didn’t have any thing at all. So The Fox and I went to JC Penny’s because they were closest. Still, they only had a few down body pillows and at prices I could not commit to. It was started to get late, and I had run out of snack food so I was getting hungry. We decided to try Sears, I don’t know why I never think about them. I don’t really like those types of department stores, and ‘penny’s’ was awkward enough to walk into.
So we walk over to the pillow section, and they had so many pillows. They had a down body pillow for $30, and it was really nice. But while I was looking at this pillow The Fox had wandered down the line and was looking at a sale where you can buy one get one free on alternative down body pillows. For 30 dollars! I take one look at him and relies I have to make a choice, because I am a sucker for this face he makes when he wants something also. Here I am thinking of spending a lot of money on a silly pillow for myself, when I could -for the same price- get one for The Fox and myself. Well I won’t let down that easy so I ask him what he is looking at, and he says, “Nothing”. HA! This is the funny game we play.
I say something like, “oh, well what type of imitation bird does alternative down come from any ways”? He sees his opening and starts telling me all about this type of alternative down, as if he were the world’s greatest sales person. I pretend to think for a moment, and then ask, “How do they smell”?
“I don’t know, probably better than down from a real bird.” He says. We stand there thinking about how birds smell. And so because I know when I should give in and when something is actually a good idea, we buy two rather nice, animal free, pillows for the same price as my heinous solitary pillow. My husband is happy and I am satisfied. My karma is clean.

No comments: