Sofie Lilikoi Fox

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lex Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

January 4, 2010

First Pre-Natal Visit

Today was my first pre-natal appointment. I went to go see one of two CNM’s (certified nurse midwife), who is only 2 miles from my house. I am not sure how I feel about her. I really want a *real midwife, but as my insurance only covers these two midwives in a 100 mile range, I have to see one of them. I do not like, nor do I trust doctors. They are not healers.
I was not to impressed by this provider, I wanted to be able to change my mind about the health industry and be able to believe there are some people who truly care. Yes, I do have a bit of a closed mind when it comes to today’s medical society, but I leave a space open enough to see changes.
As I want to always give more chances to things and people, I have made another appointment. So we will see next month.

(*I say real because these women are attached to a hospital, so they have to follow only hospital standers. And if you have does any research on midwives, you will know that they do things a little different. They have a healthier philosophy, on births, women, and health of the mind during child birth.)

No comments: