Sofie Lilikoi Fox

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lex Logan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 2, 2010

First Pediatrician Visit

Today was Sofie’s first visit to see the pediatrician who saw her in the hospital. We have not decided if we are going to keep this one, he seems like a good doctor.

When The Fox and I discussed what we would like in a Pediatrician for our daughter, we both said female doctor. If our child was a boy we would not have a problem. I don’t know why I am bothered by my little girl seeing a male doctor. I guess I just don’t want to have to change doctors when she gets older. I would feel the same way if I had a boy with a female doctor. I want my children to be able to talk to their doctors when they are older, and not be held back by shyness or misunderstanding.

Over all we liked the office, the wait time was normal. I really like the two separate waiting rooms for sick and well children. The nurse staff was awesome, even though when the nurse asking all the questions found out we had kicked the cats outside for the summer/pregnancy, she acted like a big cat lover.

Don’t get me wrong, I Love my cats, and they LOVE being outside. They spent most of their time outside the past 4 summers, just not all the time. She also did not have children. So, she is surly a cat lady.

Sofie today is 8lbs 15oz. She has regained all the weight she lost and then an extra 4 oz in 10 days. She has gained no length, which is normal. Our baby is perfectly healthy.

No comments: